Involvment of local communities
Each development project and action has an impact on the surrounding local communities and necessarily induces social change. The success of these projects necessarily depends on their perfect social acceptance. Social benefits and costs are determined by the nature and scope of the project, but above all by the extent to which communities are informed, their understanding, consent and involvement.
TEREA supports economic operators and development actors in the management of their relations with the local communities impacted by the project.
- Risk analysis, diagnostics and socio-economic surveys
- Gender approach, taking into account vulnerable groups
- Participatory mapping, Free and Prior Informed Consent (FPIC)
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP)
- Design and implementation of social safeguard tools (Complaint Management Mechanism)
- Compliance with international standards